Tuesday, January 3, 2017

*PAVLOVA* baby blanket



An easy blanket for both new and more experienced knitters.
I like the multi colours but this design would look lovely in a plain colour too.
For this design I have added a simple crochet edge/border and I have included the link for it in the pattern.
I have never crocheted before and found this very easy to follow, very quickly. I'm left handed and could follow the instructions easily. They were very clear and, of course, it was so simple to stop, start and rewind the video.

It is optional as it's added after the knitting and sewing together is complete. A garter stitch border would suit this blanket and could be knitted in one of the colours or a mixture in stripes.
The guipure lace daisies are readily available in good haberdashery outlets and of course online. I used pink and white but there are others colours to choose from.

You can easily be make a bigger blanket by adding more squares and adjusting the amount of yarn required accordingly.
Approx size 28x28ins/72x72cms

The knitting pattern (pdf only) is available from my Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/481002543/pavlova-baby-blanket-knitting-pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment